Losing Coolant

1. new water pump (1 reports)
2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue:

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Owner Comments

Mar 012010

Intrigue 3.5L V6

First off, it was not immediately clear that this was the solution... Over the course of 2 years, my car would over-heat and I kept adding coolant. I took it to about 3 or 4 mechanics and they said that there was no leak- they ran some sort of dye through it and couldn't find anything- all said that Olds were notorious for this sort of thing. I never would see anything on the ground as evidence of a leak, so I assumed it had to be burning off. It finally got to the point where I was buying 2 jugs of the stuff at a time because I knew I would be right back to the store. I took it to another place that a co-worker referred me to. They wanted over $300 to pull apart and find out for sure, or offered to replace the water pump and see if that was the problem (they thought it was most likely that) so I took the cheaper option. And it worked from that point on.

- , Lexington, KY, USA