NHTSA — Service Brakes, Air: Supply: Compressor Problems

1998 Plymouth Breeze brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Plymouth Breeze:

1998 Plymouth Breeze Owner Comments

May 252004

Breeze

I have a 1998 Plymouth Breeze and the air compressor is broken, the clutch handle is gone and the compressor itself is completely locked up. I have spoke to three different mechanics who have told me that if this problem goes unattended, it could be a danger to myself and others on the road around me. I see that Chrysler has put out two service bulletins to the dealerships in regards to air compressor failure in 1998 Plymouth Breezes. One was put out in April of 98 and the other in November of 98. I am confused, first of all, as to why these are not made known to the people who purchase these vehicles because obviously Chrysler knew there was a problem. Also, I am confused as to why 2 notices had to be sent out in the same year that the car was made. I have contacted Chrysler and they are unwilling to help.

- Peoria, AZ, USA