NHTSA — Visibility: Power Window Devices And Controls Problems

1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager:

1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager Owner Comments

Jun 152002

Grand Voyager

The power window on the drivers side just became sluggish and finally went down and wouldn't come back up, a bracket was broken, the entire assembly had to be replaced. The transmission would not go into gear during very cold weather and it was not a consistent problem to begin with. When you put the car in drive the engine would rev but it would not move forward. Then finally after warming up a few minutes it would lurch forward and be fine. Finally this past week it began making a grinding noise in reverse and refused to go in reverse. The car was put into drive and the grinding noise continued. Just fyi when I contacted Chrysler corporation about this problem, because I think a car should be able to make it to at least 100,000 miles before you start experiencing major problems, the customer assistance rep told me that I was unrealistic to expect my car to make it 100,000 miles. I find this amusing since this is the first car that I have owned that has had any major problems before 100,000 miles. My transmission mechanic also told me that he can only guarantee my repairs for 90 days because there are so many problems with the transmissions in these vehicles.

- Liberty, MO, USA