NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

1998 Pontiac Firebird miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Pontiac Firebird:

1998 Pontiac Firebird Owner Comments

Sep 152003

Last year I had the same problem. The right headlight motor broke. I couldnt afford to fix it. I got it fixed in July 03. Now in September 03 the left is gone. Im very upset with this. Dont you think GM could make something last longer then 4 or 5 years? I cant afford this. I just put over $3, ooo into this car between tire rods brakes, headlights, new passenger mirror, universal joints, everything is going all at once give me a break. Im 24 and I have owned an 87 & 95 Firebird besides this one. I love the car but something needs to be done with how long stuff lasts in it. Melony mcneaney

- Holland, MA, USA

Jul 142000

Throttle pedal gets caught by floor mat when slammed to floor for fast acceleration. Floor mat does not have anything to prevent it from moving in front of pedal, at this point, vehicle stays accelerating.

- Gadsden, AL, USA