Grinding Noise From Headlight Motor

1. replaced headlight motor (1 reports)
2001 Pontiac Firebird lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Firebird:

2001 Pontiac Firebird Owner Comments

Mar 012013

Firebird WS-6 Ram Air 5.7L Sfi V8

Every time I lock my 2001 Trans Am with the remote, the headlights go up and down, followed by a grinding noise from the headlight motor. If anyone is around, I get really strange looks. I took it to a local car repair, who said that they had never seen anything like it, and would researchh it and get back to me.......that was about a month ago. It doesn't seem to be doing any damage, but I want it fixed. I would like to know a possible cause or others experience before I take it anywhere else.....I could see it being an excellent opportunity for a rip-off.

Update from Jun 12, 2013: It was exactly as I found on the internet. The headlight motor has now been replaced and everything is fine, and I will keep this car forever!!!

- , Aiken, SC, USA