Trouble Starting, Makes Clicking Noise

8.0

2. replace ignition (1 reports)
2002 Pontiac Firebird electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Firebird:

2002 Pontiac Firebird Owner Comments

Feb 062009

Firebird Trans Am 5.7L V8

one night i went to move my car in the garage no problem, next morning, i got out and the car will not start, i thought hmm maybe battery. I put the charger on the car and take my fathers car to school. I come home still same thing. Dead battery? hardly i bought a brand new one put it in, nothing! Starter? the car is to young but better safe then sorry, not that! I call up a mechanic friend and he said something in the ignition from the security because the light was flashing. I towed it to my local Pontiac Dealership and they confirmed my ignition crapped out and was not reading the little chip on the key so 434 dollars later the car runs fine. I want a recall on this way to common GM problem!

- , Eustis, FL, USA

Oct 202007

Firebird V6

Hello everyone, Well I hope that i can find some help.... This morning when i was ready to head to work i started up my car but it was struggling to start. At first it had a clicking sound when trying to start up the car. Also while trying to started it up the dash board lights were flickering, but the car eventually started up like normal. I am not sure if this is the battery or does the engine need some work? Please help, i am a girl here in need of some advice.

- , Pomona, CA, USA