The Blower Stops Working

2007 Pontiac G5 AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac G5:

2007 Pontiac G5 Owner Comments

May 252011

G5 4 cyl

Last year in the middle of the summer my AC blower stopped working. It seemed that it was only the fuse but when I went to replace the fuse with the car turned off sparks flew and it tried to weld the fuse to the circuit. I took the car to the dealership for repair. The technician could not find the problem but while he was working on it the blower magically started working again, so he attempted to insulate and wrap the wires in hopes that that would solve the problem. Several times later that summer and over the next winter the blower would stop working for a short time and then again magically start to work again. Now once again on the hottest day of the year the blower has stopped working again. The dealer doesn't know what the problem is and wants to just start replacing parts that cost $400 and $500 each hoping this will fix a problem that they cannot diagnose. I am disabled and have no money at all to repair this problem. Warranty or no warranty this is obviously due to defective GM parts, I still have payments on this car for another 3 years I feel GM should take responsibility and fix this problem. I guess I should have bought a Japanese car instead of trying to support an American company. I will never make that mistake again...

- , Indianapolis, IN, USA