NHTSA — Suspension: Rear Problems

2007 Pontiac G5 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac G5:

2007 Pontiac G5 Owner Comments

Jun 012011

G5 4-cyl

I recently took my 2007 G5 into a dealership for an oil change and mentioned that I had been hearing a very annoying sound going over any irregularity in the pavement, also sounded like the suspension was broken! they said the control arm and bushings were worn'. I searched and found numerous similar complaints with the G5 (and cobalt) and my car has just 35K and never been driven in rough conditions, mainly highway driving. I checked and was told it is not a safety issue, only an annoyance, but will be trying to verify it. This condition has been occurring for a few thousand miles and I wouldn't expect this type of failure at this low mileage.... sounds like this has been happening to other owners too.... but fortunately for a few, it was covered under warranty, mine isn't. (I found the other complaints at and wonder if this is a broader failure.

- Saugerties, NY, USA