NHTSA — Fuel System, Other: Storage: Fuel Gauge System Problems

9.7

2004 Pontiac GTO fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Pontiac GTO:

2004 Pontiac GTO Owner Comments

Sep 212004

GTO 8-cyl

My 2004 Pontiac GTO repeatedly comes out of or will not go into gear. This occurs mostly when going into 2nd but also in 1st and reverse. I have taken it to 3 GM dealers and none of them have corrected the problem. This is very unsafe since I cannot get the car under control if I cannot get it into gear. I also cannot accelerate if the vehicle comes out of gear. Many times this has nearly caused an accident. The Arizona GM representative confirmed and witnessed the problems with the transmission but told us to sue GM because he would not repurchase the car or fix the car. GM will not do anything even though we have found service bulletins for this same problem on your website. Your help is greatly appreciated.

- Sierra Vista, AZ, USA