NHTSA — Structure: Body: Door Problems

2.5

2007 Pontiac Solstice body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac Solstice:

2007 Pontiac Solstice Owner Comments

Aug 062013

Solstice 4-cyl

My car suddenly brakes hard on it's own as I am slowing and gently applying brakes. It starts around 20 mph. It is very scary and dangerous. To have your car slam on it's brakes on it's own. I have heard that the powertrain/transmission can throw error codes P0700 and P2637 and that can cause the same sudden braking of the car on it's own. Also my coolant temperature gauge(digital) intermittently goes blank showing only three dashes instead of the temp. When it does this my air/heat will not work. My passenger door handle broke off. Also my airbag warning light will not go off. I also have a mysterious coolant leak but it's intermittent as well.

- Memphis, TN, USA