NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2007 Pontiac Solstice (Page 1 of 8)

2007 Pontiac Solstice seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac Solstice:

2007 Pontiac Solstice Owner Comments (Page 1 of 8)

Oct 232016

Solstice

Passenger airbag sensor broken/defective. I started the car one morning and the "service air bag" came on. I took it to a mechanic, who said the seat sensor in the passenger seat is broken. He told me it was a common problem for this model, and advised me to file this complaint.

- Salinas, CA, USA

Aug 282016

Solstice

Air bag light on passenger seat?

- Castalian Springs, TN, USA

Oct 302016

Solstice

Passenger seat airbag not working due to failed passenger seat sensor (pps - passenger presence system)

- Lake Worth, FL, USA

Oct 192016

Solstice

The passenger occupancy sensor failed at about 47,000 miles.

- Gig Harbor, WA, USA

Oct 232016

Solstice

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac Solstice. While stationary and driving various speeds, the air bag indicator remained illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 33,000.

- Wildwood, MO, USA

Sep 272016

Solstice

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac Solstice. Whenever there was a passenger in the front seat, the air bag indicator failed to illuminate. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the air bag sensor failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 45,000.

- Oceanside, NY, USA

Aug 202016

Solstice

After normal city driving for about 10 minutes on August 20th, 2016 with a passenger in the car, the car's dic displayed "service air bag" and chimed. The passenger airbag indicator switched from "on" to "off". my wife was in the passenger seat, sitting normally. At the time, the vehicle was traveling roughly 45 mph in 4th gear on a highway. We did not hit any pothole or similar impact immediately prior to the issue. Everything operated normally otherwise. It is my understanding that at least the passenger airbag will no longer operate. Nucar Chevrolet in new castle, de was unsure as to whether both driver and passenger airbags are no longer operating or if only the passenger no longer operates. The failure occurred while driving with a passenger and the car is in otherwise fantastic mechanical condition. This means that regardless of how well I take care of my car, or how careful I am with its safety devices, if I had been involved in an accident on that particular trip my wife's airbag would not have functioned. The warning indicating that my wife's airbag was not operating did not show up until we had already been driving for 10 minutes. I immediately drove home to drop her off, but for those tense moments she was not safe.

- Bear, DE, USA

Sep 022016

Solstice

While parked and idling, my 110 pd. Wife sat in the passenger seat and the "service airbag" indicator message came on the message center and the "airbag warning" light is now on the dashboard "passenger airbag off" light is lit. Based on research on this site and a local GM dealer, this is a universal problem with the "ppm" module in the seat. Because of the failure of this part, the passenger is not protected in the event of a crash. My vehicle has less than 28,000 miles on it.

- Franklin, OH, USA

Sep 072015

Solstice

In 2015 I had my oil changed at the local GM dealer, and the check airbag light was on in my dash when I picked up my car. The service manager said he would "look into" this and call me back at ph 727-647-9110. I had to later call. The air bag sensor in my vehicle failed within a month after the GM bumper-to-bumper warranty expired. My local GM dealer tells me this is very common for this vehicle, even though I told them prior to the expiration, trying to get get a service appointment. Then they told me they would not honor as time expired. Now as they want almost a thousand dollars, my passenger is in dire risk of the eminent danger of an injury if an accident occurs, and I am in a position of risk. I was informed GM knew of the airbag failures that were occurring on 2007 GM models.

- Pinellas Park, FL, USA

Aug 072016

Solstice

The indicator screen on the dash board is reading service airbag required. There is also a message reading passenger airbag off. Vehicle was parked in driveway when messages appeared.

- Boonton Twp., NJ, USA

Jul 252016

Solstice

Passenger airbag sensor failed with passenger in vehicle disabling airbag system

- Chalfont, PA, USA

Sep 282014

Solstice 4-cyl

07 - gxp currently 46K miles. I turn my car on one day after cleaning it at home and I am greeted with a message on my display saying service air bag and four rapid audible chimes. That passenger seat never had anyone more than the weight of an average human on it. This is a safety concern for any passenger in my vehicle yet I am forced to deal with it unless I fork over close to $1000 at the dealer. Other vehicle makes have been rewarded a recall for similar issues, but not for Pontiac/Saturn!!! come on! it's not our fault they phased out. I am afraid to have a passenger in my car in fear of their safety. I used to love having a passenger with me with the top down enjoying life and the fun of this car - as it was built for. Fix this mess please....for all of us Solstice/sky owners and future owners. Thank you!

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jul 012016

Solstice

The bag in this car was already worked on for a recall that I believe involved a switch. Now it appears that the car is no longer sensing the passenger. No matter that well over 100 pounds is in the passenger seat, the passenger air bag remains off.

- Harrisburg, NC, USA

Jul 232016

Solstice

I have a 2007 Solstice. 56,000 miles. Service airbag message and warning light are on. It first appeared on a very hot day and soon went off for about 5 minutes and then came back on. I began researching the problem only to find out that there are thousands of people experiencing the same problem. I hope no one dies riding with me.

- Fayetteville, NC, USA

Jul 012016

Solstice

This is the second time I got the code B0081 and need the sensor replaced. It is on at all times

- Newnan, GA, USA

May 052015

Solstice

After further research and review, the passenger airbag sensor in the seat cushion has failed due to horrible design. Many others have filed a complaint and have had no recall. Please help as we as owners have to continue paying for this issue, some even more than once.

- Round Rock, TX, USA

Jun 082016

Solstice

Service air bags light up bad sensor light stays on while driving.

- Bonner Springs, KS, USA

Jul 082016

Solstice

Passenger airbag is off when passenger in seat. Not sensing passenger.

- Bloomingdale, IL, USA

Jun 282016

Solstice

We are getting a warning that the passenger seat belt module needs servicing. I went to the local dealer and they said the module needs replaced. The vehicle has 25100 miles on it and I see on the internet there are lots of folks with the same problem.

- Royal Center, IN, USA

May 282016

Solstice

My instrument panel is reading service passenger airbag is affecting me to be able to see my odometer reading, I have two Pontiac Solstice cars and they both have the same problem. I have friends with the same vehicle and they are getting the same reading on their cars, I don't know if the airbag is just going to go off on its own one day or not go off in an accident, this should be a recall issue.

- Dania, FL, USA