1. replace seat belt (1 reports)
2002 Porsche 911 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Porsche 911:

2002 Porsche 911 Owner Comments

Nov 152006

911 Turbo

I had a seat belt which was hardly ever used go bad on my 911 turbo coupe. My car was out of warranty for a little over a year when it was first detected. It cost about $400 to fix. I contacted Porsche and their Service manager- John Martin- refused to cover it and wrote me a very cold �firm and final� letter. I wrote another letter to the president of Porsche and he never responded.

I feel very strongly that because this is an expensive car with an safety issue, Porsche should have covered the repair. I also had an engine issue at approx. 16k miles that Porsche also didn�t cover.

Service charges on Porsches are extremely high. Quality control seems to be failing, and mostly the company�s lack of concern for their customers will prevent me from ever buying another Porsche.

- , Sea Girt, NJ, USA