5.4

2004 Porsche Cayenne seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Porsche Cayenne:

2004 Porsche Cayenne Owner Comments

Oct 152005

Cayenne 6-cyl

Circle imports long beach, ca a Porsche dealer installed a new steering wheel on our 04 Porsche Cayenne. In one week time on Oct. 15, 2005 the air bag in the center of the wheel started coming loose and was falling off the wheel. The repair to this problem occurred in just a few days however, when I questioned why there were no sensors giving me a warning, I was told that no sensors exist. When I asked the dealer to contact Porsche corporate to present this problem, I was told there was nothing they could do. Shortly after that I emailed to Porsche corporate however, no one bother to reply. During that time I called their Porsche survey center because of a post card I received regarding the quality of service, again no one replied to me. I have color photos of the defective air bag/steering wheel and service papers showing that service took place on date mentioned above. I would be glad to share the pictures with you and I hope someone can get Porsche to retrofit a sensor to this problem. I am certain that if we had been involved in an accident the air bag would not have worked properly. Once you see the pictures I think you'll agree with my findings. If need to I can also provide 2 witnesses that day that saw first hand the defective airbag. Beyond this the dealer had put on 40 miles to my car during service without authorization. This portion I will take up with the better business bureau unless this falls in your jurisdiction as well as the above safety issue? best regards, chuck yang cell 714-928-2788.

- Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, USA