1.9

2006 Porsche Cayenne drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Porsche Cayenne:

2006 Porsche Cayenne Owner Comments

Jul 272016

Cayenne

2 issues. Like other 2006 Porsche Cayenne's, in normal driving in my neighborhood in 2014 my car started vibrating uncontrollably. Stopped driving and had it towed to the dealer. Turns our the drive train broke at 74,000 miles. Which seems is a systemic problem with all 2006 Cayennes. $2400 to repair. Then last week the coolant water pipes broke draining all the coolant fluid out of the car while it was being driven in normal traffic. Towed to the dealer. I soon learned that there had been 8 class action law suites filed on this problem in I believe 2010 and Porsche set aside $45M without admitting guilt to end the law suit and to fix affected cars; however, you had to have it fixed by the end of 2013. Nobody told me of this problem, especially my dealer where the car sits today as I try to get either the dealer of Porsche of na to support the cost of the fix. So far they are not willing. Cost to repair is $2800. Car has 84 thousand miles. Seems strange that NHTSA since every 2006 Porsche Cayenne has both of these expensive problems. www.coolantpipesettlement.com/

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Jul 222011

Cayenne

Sometime in 2011 I noticed the car began to hesitate when shifting gears (automatic). I was on a long drive from Florida to my home in Maryland when the first incident occurred. I thought it was just a thing until it began to happen routinely at all speeds. I took it to the dealer and they advised that the valve body would need to be replaced at a cost of $4,500. I missed the warranty period by 60 days so I would have to pay the cost. The truck only had 75,000 miles on it as I usually used my other car for my daily commute. I'm letting the vehicle sit until I can afford such a costly repair. I got the vehicle from a dealer in NY with only 3000 miles on it. I'm certain this was a defect that Porsche knew about and they should offer to foot the bill for the repair.

- Upper Marlboro, MD, USA

Jan 152010

Cayenne

The contact owns a 2006 Porsche Cayenne. While having the vehicle serviced by an authorized dealer for routine maintenance, the contact was told that the ignition switch was not generating the correct amount of voltages. Due to the ignition failure, the vehicle was not using the proper amount of fuel. The contact was also told this was a known failure. The vehicle was repaired. The contact also stated the entire digital dashboard display system failed and no longer displayed any readings. The vehicle was also experiencing a final failure in which a valve body in the transmission failed, causing the vehicle intermittently surge forward. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where the contact was told all the failures were known problems yet the vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 104,000 and the current mileage was 104,250. The VIN was unavailable.

- Bridgeton, NJ, USA