Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: This is the first year Porsche introduced a direct-injection engine to the Cayenne.

2008 Porsche Cayenne drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Porsche Cayenne:

2008 Porsche Cayenne Owner Comments

Sep 112012

Cayenne 6-cyl

Within minutes of driving my son to school, I heard a grinding sound from underneath my Cayenne, then a squealing, and the car began to vibrate violently during acceleration. This happened very quickly and was frightening because I was crossing a bridge in morning traffic. The service man at the Porsche dealership told me that this is an ongoing problem with these vehicles and that my drive shaft had come apart. I am a very careful driver and my car has low miles. I believe that there should be a recall and this is safety issue because of how quickly this happened while driving.

- Tampa, FL, USA