2014 Porsche Cayenne engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Porsche Cayenne:

2014 Porsche Cayenne Owner Comments

Mar 182015

Cayenne 6-cyl

I was exiting the highway into a rest area, and at about 30-35mph the car's engine suddenly cut out. All the dashboard warning lights lit up, the power steering failed, and even with the brake to the floor the car would barely slow down. I put the car in park and restarted it and it drove normally. I'm now afraid to drive my brand new car, because if the engine cuts out in the middle of an intersection or turning left against traffic, I could be involved in a very serious crash. This is more than just an inconvenience, it is a very serious safety flaw! if I was making a left turn against traffic and my two year old niece was in her car seat in back, she would be directly impacted by the vehicle due to the fact that the car decided to stop working!

- Falmouth, ME, USA

May 132012

Same day I both car when I reached home... the right side turn signal light fell off and was hanging from the wire. I had to go back to the dealership twice to fix this problem because they didn't have anything in stock. After 200 miles on my car I started to hear a knocking sound between console panel and engine, when I went to the dealer first time they tried to convince me that it"S normal because there is similar sounds from some of other cars they have in stock. They didn't show me any other cars that has this sound when I was there. They stated that on their report that they do not know what the sound is, but it is on other cars as well. I told them that the same model car I test drove, did not have this sound, why would the same car have such a noise. There was no answer or response to this question. They just stated that they don"T know what this. I checked 2 other cars myself at the same dealership, one of which, the technician was present from same dealership. He said that the car we checked doesn't have any noise, but my car does. Service department manager told me to drive around to hear if noise gets louder then come back to dealership. The knocking sound on and off, got progressively louder. I went back to the dealership 3 times with the same problem but they still didn't know what was causing this and didn't want to do anything about it. My car also have a problem with the security alarm system, it goes off at any time of day or night and they did not try to rectify or resolve the issue. I also noticed from being at the dealership, that there's also a problem with security system alarm on many of the cars. Wheels paint constantly peeling off.

- Rosedale, NY, USA