5.7

2006 Porsche Cayman engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Porsche Cayman:

2006 Porsche Cayman Owner Comments

May 152011

Cayman

When I was driving the normally, the engine just blew. No over rev or shift miss. I brought the car to a dealer and was told that it seemed one bearing at the crankshaft failed. I've seen many similar engine blows for the same type of vehicles on the net so I'm wondering if this could be a design flaw. I expect NHTSA's investigation.

- San Angelo, TX, USA