NHTSA — Power Train: Automatic Transmission Problems

2004 Saab 9-3 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Saab 9-3:

2004 Saab 9-3 Owner Comments

Oct 212008

Several months ago I had placed my 2004 9-3 Saab in park and left the car running to get out and turn off my sprinklers. While out of the car the vehicle rolled up the driveway and headed to wards my garage narrowly missing my house. I ran after the car and jumped in the drivers seat just as the car made contact with the garage door. I was able to put on the brake and stop the car before it knocked down the whole garage. I contacted Saab immediately and they had the car checked by their mechanics who said they could find nothing. I know that I had put the car in park before exiting. The car also was parked on an incline and instead of rolling backwards had it not been in park it actually rolled up the driveway as if it went from park into drive. I was unaware of the issue until I heard that GM has other cars with the same issue. Since they are trying to sell Saab I am sure they are trying to hide that this problem may also exist in the Saab as well.

- Salt Lake City, UT, USA