NHTSA — Seats Problems

2007 Saab 9-3 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Saab 9-3:

2007 Saab 9-3 Owner Comments

Jan 162015

I was driving my car through town and the left side of the driver's seat got so hot it burned my upper left thigh and I was trying to pull my leg out of the way and almost crashed, and when I stopped the car I saw that it had also burnt the leather seat leaving about a four and a half inch burn mark on the seat above the heater coil.

- Bedford, OH, USA

Jan 102012

I was driving my 2007 Saab 93 aero. There must have been something faulty with the wiring of my seat warmer. It had gave me a slight burn on my left bottom/leg area. Good thing I turned it off in time because I also started smelling as if an electrical fire had been starting. It smelt of burned leather and possibly other components. After contacting the dealership there where unwilling to take care of this issue for no cost but in my opinion that should be the least of there worries. This to me is a liability issue and a possible fire hazard.

- Clinton Township, MI, USA

Oct 102007

2007 Saab 9-3 4 door does not allow an infant car seat to be installed. The backseat is too short to allow the infant car seat to be installed. I have contacted baby seat companies and the are all the similar length, my concern is how can a new family car known for safety be allowed on the road and a 4 door not allow me to bring my infant child back from the hospital" why have latches and all the other safety features if one can not fit a infant car seat rear facing" if one spends over 30,000 for a new vehicle I expect to be able to bring a new born child home from the hospital. I called Saab and they could not give me an answer. There should be a re-call.

- Lakeland, FL, USA