Stability Control Failure

2008 Saab 9-3

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Saab dealer.

8.0

2008 Saab 9-3 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Saab 9-3:

2008 Saab 9-3 Owner Comments

Apr 202009

9-3 Aero V6

bought a NEW saab on 2/28/09 and have been inconvenienced 6 times in 9 months. Here is the history.

941 miles - towed for dead battery/main switch (day of my mother's funeral) 1200 miles - flat tire 8838 miles - coolant leak warning light (recalled) 9028 miles - defective part replaced (vent knob fell off) 9304 miles - towed for engine failure (Thanksgiving) 9387 miles - towed for stability control failure

After all this inconvenience, I looked into lemon law - but they require the same problem to occur 3+ times. So, I called my original dealer (Moore Family of Dealerships of Richmond, VA) to understand the options. They wouldn't help me because most of the major problems happened when I was out of town visiting family/friends on holidays - not at their dealership. They suggested I contacted Saab Customer assistance to try to resolve the issue to a point where I was "completely satisfied" - and honestly, at this point I told them I wanted to get rid of this car. After 6 phone calls and 2 faxes (service records)...they finally made me an offer!

Their offer was "extend my onstar subscription" - what a joke!

So, I've started a facebook page and tweeted about it in hopes of garnering enough attention that they do the right thing and buy back the car for the amount I owe.

- , Richmond, VA, USA