NHTSA — Fuel System, Other Problems

2006 Saab 9-7X fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Saab 9-7X:

2006 Saab 9-7X Owner Comments

May 042011

9-7X 6-cyl

Fuel gauge in 2006 Saab 9 7 X stopped working and reads empty upon startup and with fuel in tank.

- Lombard, IL, USA

Nov 302009

I have a 2006 Saab 9-7X with 92,000+ miles. The fuel gauge had failed at about 65,000 miles and I have yet to fix it because the dealership said that it would cost anywhere from $850 to $1,000 depending on how long it takes to be done. I think this is ridiculous that this is not a recall because I no many many people with the same issue. It is not fair for a defect in quality of a near $45,000 vehicle to be laid on a costumer. Signs of this problem were that the gauge would intermittently read false then regulate to normal. I was told it was not anything to be concerned about by my GM dealer and Saab. Then one day it would not read at all, and I did not know how much gas I had, stalled getting off an offramp in front of an intersection dangerously stuck, and having to pay a tow bill, then have a mechanic look at it and tell me that it is the cheap fuel level sending unit that GM cheaply makes and he sees this problem over and over again on many gmt360 platforms. This problem caused me to be in a dangerous or even life threatening situation and I should not have to pay for this to be fixed if im not the only one out there with this problem!!! please do something about this before I have to spend $1000 on repairs and hundreds of dollars on a rental car so I can continue with my career!

- Plantsville, CT, USA

Jan 072011

9-7X 6-cyl

2006 Saab 9-7X--fuel gauge sensor fluctuates between empty and full and now registers constantly at empty. Using trip odometer to monitor gas mileage.. failure occurred at @ 68,500 miles

- Tyrone, PA, USA