NHTSA — Electrical System: Ignition: Module Problems

2.4

1998 Saab 900 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Saab 900:

1998 Saab 900 Owner Comments

Aug 142007

900 4-cyl

My 1998 Saab 900 SE turbo convertible has 62,000 miles on it, and yet I've just had to replace the direct ignition cassette which completely failed -- thankfully I was still in the driveway when it conked out, this is ridiculously early in the life of the car according to my Saab specialist mechanic. I saw that the 2000 and 2002 model di cassettes were recalled but not the earlier models. Wondering if there's a way for redress.

- Arlington, VA, USA