NHTSA — Tires Problems

2013 Scion FR-S wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Scion FR-S:

2013 Scion FR-S Owner Comments

Feb 132013

FR-S 4-cyl

The first time my tire and rim was destroyed it was some time in February 2013, while driving on the intestate.I was not driving fast as a matter of fact I was going below the speed limit, because if I was going fast my car would flip and who knows how would it ends. Anyway I heard a thud in my from tire and it immediately stated to wobble before I could stop. I eventually stop and was surprise to see the rim split in the seam and the tire total. The second time I have the same problem was June 21,2014, I was on the interstate again and fell my car wobbling again, this time it was my rear tire, and was surprise again to see the right rear tire split all around in the seam again. My conclusion is that these tires are defective and Toyota should replace all four. For now my Scion is park, because I do not know how to handle this problem. I will have to replace all four tires with a different brand. The types of tires come with my Scion is Michelin primacy hp tires and I can attest that they are not safe to used on a car. I can provide pictures of the tires.

- Jacksonville , FL, USA