NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

2005 Scion tC miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Scion tC:

2005 Scion tC Owner Comments

May 192012

tC 4-cyl

Moonroof deflector shattered with a pop sound at speeds 55 with all windows closed. Later inspection that it was cracked around all the edges about 1/2 ~ 1 inches into the center.

- Rockville, MD, USA

May 102011

tC 4-cyl

All windows seals ( rubber ) are discolored... I had my car 7 years and every year the rubber around the front windshield side and back windows are all rotten.. trying to see if Toyota can replace all frames.. thanks

- Saint Cloud, FL, USA

Aug 102006

tC 4-cyl

Purchased my vehicle in March 2005. I have had it in the shop three (3) times for the moon roof. The moon roof rattles horribly and the dealership as taken the glass out and replaced it saying "that Toyota has done all that they know what to do with that particular situation". I find this unacceptable. I have also had my car in the shop five (5) times for the back hatch. The hatch makes a horrible rattle when just driving on regular roads. This problem is still unfixed. My paint as with the numerous other amounts of complaints is chipping and bubbling up. It horrifies me to read all of these complaints regarding this vehicle. I can only anticipate on what could happen next.

- Richmond, VA, USA

May 312005

tC 4-cyl

The sunroof deflector broke while driving with the sunroof open with no apparent reason, Toyota inspected and replaced the broken deflector and exactly six days later while driving in the rain the deflector shattered again on I-20 traveling at around 65mph, just above the speed traveled when the first incident occurred

- Terrytown, LA, USA

Jun 242005

tC 4-cyl

I just bought a Scion Tc a month ago and was surprised by the paint dings caused by rocks. This in itself is not a surprise, but there is only one layer of paint between the top of the car and the primer. I have called Scion support and have filed a complaint with them too. The dealership was of no help saying the rock dings are normal (I know that) and didn't mention anything of the quality of the paint, defect in the paint, or defect in the painting process. Any type of help would be appreciated to actually see if this is a problem.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Jan 142005

tC 4-cyl

After just four months the paint is chipping, flaking, scratching really bad.

- Oak Creek, WI, USA

Aug 302004

tC 4-cyl

I purchased a silver Scion Tc in late July of this year, 2004. I noticed after less than two months of driving on regular Suburban roads that there were several large chips on the front of my hood. Since July, more and more chips have formed and begun to peel and get larger. Even the bumper has chipped badly and there are several chips that actually stick out of the paint- as if they're bubbling. After waiting 2 months to see the "Scion" district manager, he blew me off after 3 minutes of being rude and barely bothering to look closely at my chips. I believe there is a defect in the paint and that there are others that are having this problem with the Scion brand.

- Leesburg, VA, USA