NHTSA — Tires: Bead Problems

2005 Scion tC wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Scion tC:

2005 Scion tC Owner Comments

Jan 122014

tC 4-cyl

Now feeling compelled to document this issue only because it is the 2nd failure of these tires. Failure in the rear drivers side tire side wall bubble was seen as I entered my Scion Tc 2005 that was on 1/30/13 mileage 57786. That would make it 7400 miles for the first failure. The original tires purchased (all 4) 12/10/11 mileage 50320. Now after almost a year the 2nd failure of these tires inside wall where tread belt meets side wall has peeled off. This was on a day when we had our 2 grandsons in the car. Mileage now 64395. Different tire front drivers side. So that is 14K on this tire that failed. As you can see we are not high mileage divers. My biggest concern would be what if this failed on the interstate at 70 mph? sounds like the issue Firestone had some years ago. Speed was not a factor, bad roads not a factor, the weather was clear, no outside condition or other vehicles involved. I have been driving for 50+ years. We will contact the tire manufacture also. The consumer experienced a third tire failure, where the bead on the side wall of the tire came off. Updated 12/09/14

- Seminole, FL, USA

Sep 022006

I have 215/45/17 tires from Bridgestone. I had a nail in a tire and took it in to get it fixed. When I was leaving the shop I was advised that the beads on the inside of my tires are coming apart.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA