NHTSA — Tires: Sidewall Problems

2005 Scion tC wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Scion tC:

2005 Scion tC Owner Comments

Feb 022006

tC 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Scion Tc. The contact stated that the speedometer, seat belts, and air bag cover have failures. The speedometer does not work when the vehicle is in motion. The driver's side seat belt latch was not working properly and was repaired. Currently, the passenger side seat belt is experiencing difficulty disconnecting from the latch. The dealer stated that the E clip failed in the air bag cover. The cover was repaired, which only lasted a few months before failing again. The vehicle has been at the dealer approximately four times for these failures. The failure mileage was 14,997 and current mileage is 38,000. Updated 03/09/09. The tire pressure monitoring system failed to alert the consumer she had a sidewall blowout. Updated 03/11/09.

- Camarillo, CA, USA

Mar 272006

tC 4-cyl

Tire sidewall separation on rear tire, passenger side, while traveling on highway. Reported to dealer and tire manufacturer.

- Citrus Heights, CA, USA

Dec 202004

tC 4-cyl

I bought a 2005 Scion xa on November 15, 2004. On December 20, 2004 the driver side front tire blew out, after hitting a bump in the road. The tire had 3,966 miles on it. The side wall blew. As we my children and I processed to change the tire. The jack slide sideways, causing the car to fall. It hurt my 15 year old sons hand, if I hadnt shoved my tire under the body of the car and screamed at him, the car would have landed on him and his leg. We rejacked the car back up and the jack started sliding again. We were in a level gas station paved parking lot. The third time we jacked the car up the jack started slipping again. I believe these jacks are dangerous!! the side wall of the tire is also too thin. I had to replace the tire. I will buy a new jack to put in my car. I would like someone to check into this matter. Also the manufacure stated the car would get 32 mph city, 38 highway. We are getting 28 city and 31 on highway. This is my first new car, I am not impressed! I am very disappointed in Toyota, we have had Toyota's in the past and I got better milage out of them.

- Arab, AL, USA