NHTSA — Latches/Locks/Linkages Problems

2006 Scion tC accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Scion tC:

2006 Scion tC Owner Comments

Jul 102008

My 2006 Toyota Scion Tc has this very flimsy hatch back trunk handle(plastic) that broke. I have seen many same problem on the same model Tc on the road. So this is definitely a design problem and Toyota should fix this. Looking at how this system was put together, I can tell why this piece is not lasting.

- Beaumont, TX, USA

Dec 302009

I have a Toyota Scion Tc hatchback 2006. Last year when opening the hatchback which must be manually opened the latch to open the hatchback fell off I was using no excessive force I opened it like normally the panel is still attached to the wire that goes on the inside I have taped it back on but it constantly falls off when it rains dangling while I am driving until I can re-tape it. I have gone to two different Toyota dealerships in two different states (Texas and Louisiana) and both have commented that they see it all the time. If it is such a common occurrence Toyota should order a recall considering it has happened to such a large number of owners of the Scion Tc.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Jun 172009

Rear hatch handle anchors broke around 10/8/08 and was told entire unit would need to be replaced at around $400. On 6/17/09 the entire unit broke away and has to be taped down so is doesn't hang in front of the license plate. After reading numerous forums online, I realize that this problem seems to be a problem with this car.

- Ponte Vedra Beach, FL, USA