NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2007 Scion tC seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Scion tC:

2007 Scion tC Owner Comments

Oct 212016

tC

Takata recall... as I was driving speed limit (60-65mph) on the freeway at around 11:30pm (10/21/16), driving on the 2nd lane. There was some debris on the road as I hit a pot hole my rear passenger tire pops. I instantly lose control as I see the semi-truck in the 3rd lane (truck lane). I tried to avoid the truck but the car took me into that direction. As my car slightly went under the truck, the trucks rear passenger tires Ram over the top of the passenger side of the hood and my air bags never deployed. As I was under the truck I somehow get out of it and spin out until the car is complete stopped. When completely stopped, I am facing traffic coming towards my direction. Since the airbags didn't deploy it was an unsafe situation. Safety is everybody concerns and at the time my life could've been at risk. No other cars were involved in this accident but me and the semi-truck, but the semi-truck never stopped at the scene.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Feb 142012

tC

Vehicle struck highway 99 center guard rail (at a 45 degree angle) on passenger front bumper traveling approximately 65 miles per hour (spin) then reversed spin slamming rear bumper of vehicle into same guard rail. Vehicle has front (driver and passenger) and side airbags, not one airbag deployed. According to the vehicle safety features, the front airbags should have deployed.

- Visalia, CA, USA

Oct 152007

tC

I was recently in a car accident where I hit a truck with the front of my car going at least 30 mph and my airbag did not deploy which I believe increased my injury.

- Melbourne, FL, USA

Feb 022007

tC 4-cyl

While driving to work in my 2007 Scion Tc my passenger side airbag "off" light came on as well as my drivers side airbag light came on and remained on.

- Levittown, NY, USA