NHTSA — Power Train: Manual Transmission Problems

2007 Scion tC transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Scion tC:

2007 Scion tC Owner Comments

Dec 202009

I was driving down the highway in my 2007 Scion Tc and the car popped out of gear and began to rev-up. I then tried to put it back into gear and it was very loose and would not go. My mechanic told me the top of the shifter base broke off and must be a defect. This is very dangerous and must be investigated.

- Paramus, NJ, USA

Aug 062008

The clutch assembly wore down prematurely and began to slip in every gear but first. The symptoms were sudden and immediately noticeable. I brought the vehicle to be inspected by the dealership from which it had been purchased. I was told the entire assembly needed to be replaced, but it was not covered under warranty because clutches are subject to "normal" wear and tear. I commute 70 miles every day under highway driving conditions and do very little stop-and-go driving. I also do not engage in driving habits conducive to excessive "wear and tear" on a clutch which would cause premature failure. As such, I consider it more likely that the parts were faulty.

- Brick, NJ, USA