NHTSA — Wheels Problems

2007 Scion tC wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Scion tC:

2007 Scion tC Owner Comments

Feb 102011

tC 4-cyl

The rims on my Scion/Toyota are cracking are causing the tires to leak air. I contacted Scion/Toyota back in February 2011 about these rims cracking and was informed that they are not covered under warranty. Goodyear suggested that I contact mason welding company to have the wheels welded. I had to again replace the tires from Goodyear because they were worn on the inside. Goodyear did stand behind the warranty on the tires but shortly after the rim starting leaking air again and my daughter got a flat tire. I was again informed that the rims were leaking. She when to Firestone, and again was told that the rims were causing the tires to leak air. I had to have the rims welded again. I went to South caroline, where my daughter goes to college to bring her home. I drove the car back and now the rims are leaking again. I cannot believe that Scion/Toyota can offer these wheels and then not assume any responsibly. This is very dangerous to have these rims on the road if they continue to cause the tires to go flat. I need your assistance in this matter, as I feel this is a major safety issue to have cars on the road that the rims are not strong enough to with stand our roadways.

- Brick, NJ, USA

Apr 102010

Driving on dry road at approx. 35 mph began braking to make turn into a parking lot. Road surface was somewhat rough but not extremely. Brakes failed to respond so I pushed pedal to the floor and they gradually slowed the car. I was not driving at an excessive speed nor being careless. As I turned into the parking lot at an excessive speed I almost hit a vehicle that was waiting to pull out on to the highway. Due to traffic conditions and the shock of what was happening I could not safely change my direction of travel and was committed to completing the turn into the parking lot.

- Levittown, PA, USA