NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

4.0

2008 Scion tC miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Scion tC:

2008 Scion tC Owner Comments

Feb 062013

tC

I was opening my trunk and the handle latch and light case fell right off. I am not a very strong individual so how this would happen to me completely stumps me. Since this incident I have noticed this exact problem on more and more Scion Tc's. I believe this is a structural body issue that the company should address.

- Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, USA

Apr 012011

tC 4-cyl

Trunk broke off while opening vehicle. I am a 115lb female, seriously lacking the strength to break a well made car. Dealership refuses to fix defect without charge.

- Cary, NC, USA

May 142008

tC

The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Scion Tc. The contact noticed that the surface area on the instrument panel was uneven. He speculated that it was due to a design defect. The dealer stated that they were unaware of the issue and had no way of assessing the cause of the failure. The failure mileage was 24 and current mileage was 9,000.

- West Islip, NY, USA

May 012008

tC

The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Scion Tc. The contact noticed that the top of the dashboard had uneven spots, which looked deformed. There were obvious high and low spots on the dashboard. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the service manager stated that they did not have another vehicle of its kind to compare the vehicle to or validate the failure; therefore, they considered it to be a normal issue. The contact believes that the dashboard needs to be corrected and should be the manufacturer's responsibility to repair since it is still under warranty. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 24 and current mileage was 9,000.

- West Islip, NY, USA

Jun 252008

tC

Was on a highway at about 60 mph. With a friend. All of a sudden, there was a huge explosion, nearly causing me to drive off the road....then glass started falling all around the car. Thankfully, the window screen blocked most of the glass from falling inside the car on top of us....though some did fall thru the cracks around the screen. Took to dealership where they are fixing. However, we could have been killed by this incident had the glass fallen in our eyes, blinded my driving, or severely cut us. This is a very big danger in my opinion.

- Haltom City , TX, USA