NHTSA — Air Bags Problems Seal Of

2009 Scion tC seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Scion tC:

2009 Scion tC Owner Comments

Nov 182013

The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Scion Tc. The contact stated that while driving approximately 20 mph, another vehicle crashed into the front driver's side of her vehicle. The air bags did not deploy however, there were no injuries. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Silver Spring, MD, USA

May 102010

I purchased a 2009 Toyota Scion from the fairfield, ca dealership. I was on the freeway when my car accelerated up to a faster speed than I wanted I tried to correct it in the confusion and not understanding what was going on I lost control and crashed into another vehicle. There was $10,000 of damage to the car it was repaired but then I had another accident in the same car again sitting at a stop light I barley tapped the gas pedal my car jumped into a high speed smashing into the car in front of me after I hit I turned around to check on my child thinking a car had hit me from behind but it was not another car it was just mine but then it did it again smashing into the car again. It was crazy I had no idea what was going on my face was smashed up pretty bad 2 black eyes and fat lips extra. My car hit the car in front of me so hard it smashed into the car in front of it. Now gather I was already stopped sitting and waiting for the light to turn green what caused my car not once but twice to smash into the car in front of me. My car was totaled. I had the worst time with this car it seemed like I was driving with a dark cloud over me. Not only was the acceleration a problem but the trunk lid also broke off and my seat belts did not work properly. There also was a problem with the brakes sometimes if I was on a steep hill the brakes would skip and not catch almost like it would jump.

- Fairfield, CA, USA

Jun 032012

The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Scion Tc. While driving approximately 75 mph, the contact crashed into a highway divider. The air bags did not deploy. The contact sustained injuries to his head, neck and chest. The contact sought medical attention where he received stitches to the head injury. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic but was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 59,700.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Dec 122009

The passenger was in an accident in 2007 Toyota Scion were the airbag did not deploy. The vehicle was traveling 25mph. The vehicle had not been in any previous accicent. The passenger was above 120lbs and the air bag did not deploy. The contact would like this record.

- San Diego, CA, USA