NHTSA — Seats Problems Seal Of

2010 Scion tC accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Scion tC:

2010 Scion tC Owner Comments

Feb 172015

tC 4-cyl

I purchased my Scion from my local dealership in Feb of 2015. On the 17th of March when coming to a stop the driver seat moved forward on its own. The seat had became unlatched from the seat runner under the driver seat. I had to adjust the seat and made sure that it locked into place. Since then this problem has happened over and over. I would say at least 40 times. The seat will not lock into place when you slide the seat forward or move it to place items behind it as well. It will lock on one side of the seat runner at times and I have to adjust it each time. This problem can be a safely issue when braking hard or in a accident as well. I have seen recalls on this problem with other models of this auto. I talk to my local Toyota dealership about the problem but they say there is no recall or repair bulletin on my model at this time. Updated 09/08/15 10/5 MA updated 12/16/2015

- Radcliff, KY, USA