NHTSA — Engine Problems Seal Of

2011 Scion tC engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Scion tC:

2011 Scion tC Owner Comments

Feb 082013

While driving down the road my stability control light was on constant along with my ABS light. My engine and transmission hasn't been doing right like it should be doing. Its like the transmission is slipping or my engine is missing. This is not acceptable to me.

- Marion, VA, USA

Mar 142011

tC 4-cyl

Since I've bought my car, at every car start up there is a noise or a rattle that is briefly audible for about 1 second then stops. When the vehicle is started again, the noise is no longer there. This only happens at vehicle start up. It sounds something similar to a winding noise. The engine in my vehicle is the exact same engine in the 2011 Toyota Camry, 2ar-fe. A tsb has been filed for the Camry however a tsb has not been issued for the Scion Tc. My current mileage is 29800. I recommend a tsb be filed for the Scion Tc 2.5L 2ar-fe so I and others with this problem could repair our vehicles. Tsb for Camry: Tsb number: Tsb-0146-10 NHTSA number: 10034924 tsb date: June 9, 2010 date added to file: February 1, 2011.

- Edinburg, TX, USA