NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

2013 Scion tC miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Scion tC:

2013 Scion tC Owner Comments

Jul 122015

A few days ago, we were driving when our sun roof exploded. We heard the loudest bang I have heard and then glass started falling through the edges of the sun shade that was closed. Had it not been for the sun shade, I am sure we would have been showered with glass shards, and there is no doubt that we would have wrecked the car. When we pulled over the moon roof was obviously blown outward, which I have pictures of. After a brief research I found that this issue was a common one. When my wife called Toyota the first guy said he had seen this before, but Toyota would not cover it under the extra bump to bumper warranty, we bought. Toyota referred me to the toll free number (1-800-331-4331) to lodge a complaint and see if they could do anything. Toyota gave me a case number (1507133039) and said someone from customer relations would be calling me back. The guy that called me back was dennis king from the Toyota dealership in riverdale, Utah where we first called, and he said he couldn't do anything that it would have to be Toyota that authorizes any repair. I have included just a few of the web links that discuss the issue of exploding moon roofs.

- Syracuse, UT, USA