NHTSA — Structure: Body: Tailgate: Hinge And Attachments Problems

2.5

2005 Scion xB body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Scion xB:

2005 Scion xB Owner Comments

Oct 142011

xB

The tailgate "handle" release broke of in my hands, without even pulling on it, on my 2005 Toyota Scion Xb. I went out to place something into the back of my car and when I pinched the release button and lifted the gate as I have done hundreds of times, the handle snapped off in my hands! after researching this issue I have found hundreds of people who have had the same experience, many have had this happen more than once! dealerships have even stated, "it is faulty part." However, Toyota fails to issue a recall.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA