NHTSA — Electrical System Problems

3.3

2005 Scion xB electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Scion xB:

2005 Scion xB Owner Comments

Oct 252016

xB

05 Xb trunk release handle broke loose. It was attached by 2 small studs that were friction fitted to the handle, the trunk is too heavy for this handle. Power door lock for driver and both rear are not functioning. Rear passenger window is not functioning.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Apr 272015

xB

I drive a 2005 Scion Xb, about two weeks ago the back hatch handle broke of, where the light shine to the license plate. I know that there was a recall on the handle like three years ago... I called Toyota to see if the recall was expired, they don't see a recall ever been done. I do see this as a safety do to lighting and electrical. I know this has been an issue with other Scion like the one I have. Some did get a recall and got fixed.

- Merced , CA, USA

Oct 012013

xB 4-cyl

My Scion overheated, lost oil pressure due to whatever damage the overheating caused and I've had a low battery charge all this time but none of these problems were indicated by any gauge or light on my dash. Now I have to replace the motor.

- Ontario, CA, USA

Nov 102006

xB

While opening the rear hatch door the handle snapped and no longer can be used to open the door. The electric no longer works on the passenger side of the vehicle, I can not open or lock these doors. The dash board lights remain on no matter how often I take it back to the dealer to fix. These problems are expensive to repair and it seems they can not repair these problems.

- Ramsey, NJ, USA

Sep 102011

xB 4-cyl

By 2011, both back windows inoperable (motor burned out due to electrical issues) and I am having issues with the air conditioning and electrical dash display. The dealer (avenues Toyota in jacksonville, fl) said there are no recalls and instructed me to call Toyota directly about the problem. The dealer wants to charge me $500 each to replace the motor in both back windows and claims there are no issues that they are aware of at this time. I found numerous claims on the internet to substantiate that this is not an isolated case and the electrical issues extend throughout the Toyota line during the time the vehicle was manufactured.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jun 012008

xB

Several lights turn on console due to technical recall. Dealership did not fix issue due to lights not being on. I've taken to 2 other mechanics who said take car to dealership. Car was close on (and now out of ) warranty. This seems to be a common issue as I looked on many sites in regards to 2005 Scion Xb's and found many other complaints. The lights will turn off after ignition is restarted numerous times, therefore removing the data from the computer. Trac control, check engine, you can feel the car shutter and trying to catch.

- Fort Thomas, KY, USA