NHTSA — Seats Problems

2.4

2006 Scion xB accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Scion xB:

2006 Scion xB Owner Comments

Jan 212015

xB

The driver seat suddenly went back skipping multiple seat settings. Luckily, I am fairly strong (as well as the steering column) I was able to hold on to the steering wheel until I was able to come to a complete stop. Before the seat failed, I did not change any seat position (I probably adjusted it a week before it happened). It happened again in February, that time it happened to me immediately after putting the automatic transmission in park the seat dropped back one position back. After all this all happened I took my car to my local dealer (Toyota of tampa bay) where they looked at the seat and said they could not find anything wrong. I am slightly suspicious that they did fix something but did not want to admit that there is a problem. This could have caused a serious accident if this happened to someone else or if I was driving faster (e.g. on the interstate) where smaller adjustments to the steering can cause severe injuries, if not fatalities.

- Tampa , FL, USA