NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2006 Scion xB seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Scion xB:

2006 Scion xB Owner Comments

May 242015

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Scion Xb. While driving in a parking lot at approximately 4 mph, the contact struck a curb. The vehicle experienced unintended acceleration going through several curves, down an embankment, crashed through two metal fences, and landed in a fountain of approximately three feet of water. The front air bags failed to deploy. The stability control system did not activate. A police report was filed and no injuries were sustained. The vehicle was towed to a lot. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 65,000.

- Wilmington, DE, USA

Jun 252014

T-bone accident where I was hit at driver's front wheel and rolled. Front of the car was destroyed. No airbag deployed. At fault driver stated going 55 mph, through stops signs, hitting me. I was doing 55 and slammed on my brakes, so I was doing somewhat less than 55. I was pinned in the Xb and had to be cut out. I ended up pinned with the steering wheel a few inches from my face. An attempt to cut steering wheel off to get room to get me out and to avoid the airbag from firing off in my face, failed. The "jaws of life" wasn't able to cut through the steering column. I do not know the reason.

- Little River, SC, USA

Dec 182010

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Scion Xb. While driving approximately 40 mph, the contact noticed that the air bag sensor warning light illuminated. The dealer was contact and advised the contact to have the sensor recalibrated. The manufacturer was informed and the contact was waiting for a response. The vehicle was not repaired. The current and failure mileages were approximately 42,000.

- Annandale , VA, USA

May 152008

My car has several defects. I have a 2006 Toyota Scion. I purchase this car from carmax but they tell me that I have to have it repaired at a Toyota car dealership place. This place has been given me a run around about fixing my car ever since January. I brought my car in for one thing to be repaired. And the told me that the electrical air bag and the electrical system needed to be replace in my car and I have not been able to get my car repaired at this place at all. I have been trying for the last few months to have them to repaired what they said I needed repaired on my car. I have not heard no responds from this company in regards to my car. I have already had some problems with this car and the air bag did not work.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Oct 222007

xB 4-cyl

I own a 2006 Toyota Scion Xb. This vehicle was the #2 vehicle in a 4 car collision. As such it was hit by vehicles 3 and then 4. it hit vehicle 1 two times. The car was totaled in the crash and no airbags deployed. I feel this is a major safety defect.

- Castro Valley, CA, USA