NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2008 Scion xB (Page 1 of 2)

2008 Scion xB seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Scion xB:

2008 Scion xB Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Aug 212016

xB

We were informed of this recall in August of 2016, and we were advised not to operate the vehicle with a passenger in the front seat. As a family of four, this is extremely inconvenient. It means we can never have an extra passenger, and it means that one adult is always crammed in the back seat with two kids, even on long car trips. We haven't heard a word from Toyota since the recall notice, and we're increasingly frustrated, irritated, and unimpressed. By now, Toyota should have 1. kept us updated about fixes, and 2. offered us a loaner vehicle, since our use of our car is so limited by the recall.

- Urbana, IL, USA

Nov 232016

xB

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Scion Xb. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Grahm, NC, USA

Jun 012016

xB

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Scion Xb. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) was received. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be provided. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- St. Peters, MO, USA

Aug 012016

xB

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Scion Xb. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was not yet available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Jensen Beach, FL, USA

Nov 112016

xB

Takata recall we received a recall notice in May 2016 about the passenger airbag on our 2008 Scion Xb. We have put input the VIN number and there still isn't an update as to whether or not the airbag is safe.

- Menifee, CA, USA

Oct 052016

xB

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Scion Xb. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Burbank, CA, USA

Jan 012016

xB

Takata recall why is it that I live in zone a and my friend lives in zone B (Maryland) and his car has been repaired and I am still waiting with no info available

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

May 012016

xB

I was sent a letter saying I should not have any passengers in the front of my car. This makes it impossible for my family to use the vehicle. I was sold the car by nally in atlanta in February 2016 but was given no notice of the issue at that time. I would like my car repaired or bought back or replaced.

- Decatur, GA, USA

Aug 222016

xB

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Scion Xb. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) however, the dealer was unable to determine when the parts may become available but stated that a loaner vehicle would be provided. The contact mentioned that the loaner vehicle was not provided nor a follow up from the dealer. The manufacturer had not been notified of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Robertsdale, AL, USA

Sep 212016

xB

Takata recall, no remedy available

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Aug 262016

xB

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Scion Xb. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Stevensville, MD, USA

May 312016

xB

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Scion Xb. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Elk Grove, CA, USA

Jun 192016

xB

The contact owns a 2008 Scion Xb. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Wesley Chapel, FL, USA

Sep 132016

xB

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Scion Xb. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Victorville, CA, USA

Aug 012016

xB

Takata recall. We are a family of 5 and the vehicle is a 5 seat vehicle.

- Middleburg, FL, USA

Jul 222016

xB

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Scion Xb. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Azusa, CA, USA

Aug 172016

xB

Takata recall - my complaint is that I've been told not to use the front passenger seat until the airbag is replaced. I called my Toyota/Scion dealer and they have no date when the repair can be made but it may be months. So meantime I'm stuck with a car with limited functionality since I can't carry a passenger or even put heavy objects on the seat (as that would activate the airbag). And given this limited functionality and age of car, if I tried to sell it now, under this recall, the resale value is being hurt. I'm not satisfied with the time it is going to take to get my vehicle back to normal. What can be done to make Toyota act faster or compensate us for the inconvenience?

- Cary, NC, USA

Jun 092016

xB

The contact owns a 2008 Scion Xb. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the parts for the recall repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

May 232016

xB

Takata recal as a uber driver there needs to be a replacement available now not years past I am demanding Toyota pay a portion of my car payment till the recall is fixed !!

- Brookhaven, GA, USA

Jan 012008

xB

Takata airbags I live in san diego ca and was told there is no fix available for the takata airbag recall and there may not be for years. I have just heard from friends in the northeast us and they are getting the airbags taken care of, why is there no fix available in so

- Chula Vista, CA, USA