NHTSA — Wheels Problems

1.5

2008 Scion xD wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Scion xD:

2008 Scion xD Owner Comments

Apr 012016

xD

The suspension just suddenly died on my car. Knowing a bit about cars I would say my axel boots have gi C en out.

- Katy, TX, USA

Feb 152011

xD

My 2008 Scion Xd started having intermittent "mushy" brakes and several times the slow stop left me too far into an intersection or too close to the car in front of me. The dash board lit up with warning lights about the brakes, ABS, and electronic stabilization control. When I called the dealership and before any diagnostics were done, I was informed that it was a corroded sensor on the rear driver's-side door. After receiving a quote for $787 for the repairs, I was told that the replacement part was designed so the problem would not occur again on that wheel. Of course, there are three more wheels that could experience the same failure. The possibility of brakes becoming suddenly "mushy" and slow to respond is a safety hazard that needs to be addressed. My car had 34K miles when these problems occurred.

- Solumbus, OH, USA