NHTSA — Latches/Locks/Linkages Problems

2009 Scion xD accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Scion xD:

2009 Scion xD Owner Comments

May 212010

About a year after I bought the car (at concord Toyota, concord, ca), my power locks started malfunctioning one by one. They fixed it because I was still on the factory warranty, but a year later, the front locks stopped working again. They were fixed. In 2013, the two front locks stopped working again. The problem is, now I don't have any warranty coverage and they want to charge me around $500 to fix each lock. Not only is it not fair because it's been something that's been happening continuously for years, but now the back door locks stop and start working at random all the time. I would appreciate it if you could help me with this issue.

- Concord, CA, USA