NHTSA — Electrical System Problems

2012 Scion xD electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Scion xD:

2012 Scion xD Owner Comments

Jan 122012

xD 4-cyl

Purchased this car brand new. Was assured of Toyota 200 point safety inspection. Shortly after driving this car home I noticed that I never received a spare key and the horn didn't work (the first line of defense in driving safety). I returned to the dealership and asked if they took the fuse out to prevent the horn from sounding, they said "no, they never take any fuses out". they did not want to replace the fuse at first. They told me to go home and come back during service hours (I work, I already drove 30 miles and needed my horn twice on the way there). I asked if they could give me a fuse and I'd put it in myself. I guess they felt threatened by that and quickly installed fuse. It's now day 6 with this 2012 Scion Xd my temp/coolant lights been on since day 3. my boyfriend checked the coolant and discovered, there wasn't any in the engine. I don't know what damage this has caused or what other fluid or fuses are missing. I'm pretty certain that there was no 200 point inspection. I'm just happy that I didn't get stuck or killed on my maiden 300 mile voyage to boston. Not safe and not a good way for Toyota to fix their damaged safety record.

- New Haven, CT, USA