2005 Subaru Baja accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Subaru Baja:

2005 Subaru Baja Owner Comments

Sep 012006

After smelling a terrible odor in my car for several weeks that was not resolved by upholstery cleaning, I took my car to the dealer service station and it was determined the smell came from mold that developed beneath the carpet of my car. The mold came from standing water which I was told accumulated because of a clogged sunroof drain hose. The resolve the problem, the seats and carpeting were removed. The water was drained; the padding was replaced and the carpet was treated. The work cost me over $700. I could not afford the additional $500 to replace the carpet, however I was assured that by treating the carpet the mold and smell would be removed. I was told in order to avoid this from occurring again, I should have the hose blown every other time I came in for an oil change. I asked several times if that would resolve the problem and was told yes. Since that time I faithfully requested that the hose be blown out. Now there is water once again in the floor of my car.

- Port Deposit, MD, USA