8.3

2016 Subaru Crosstrek miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Subaru Crosstrek:

2016 Subaru Crosstrek Owner Comments

Jul 012016

Crosstrek

Twice now my car has gone limp on the freeway. It doesn't shut down but the accelerator stops working and I have to coast off the side of the road and restart it. When I do restart it it's fine. Both times the engine doesn't even rev when I press the gas; it's just unresponsive. No check engine light or anything either. It's always been when I was going around 70 mph and the outside temperature has been hot; probably 88-90 degrees.

- Poland, OH, USA

Apr 182016

Crosstrek

Toxic smell in the car. I noticed it when the salesman was going over how to operate the vehicle and he said he noticed it, also. I figured it was brand new and it would get better, but it did not and I have had it to the dealership at least 6 times. They have tried many things to get rid of the smell. Nothing works. Now they say nothing is mechanically wrong, so I am stuck with a car that makes me sick. This is not new car smell, I wish it were. I have been in at least 6 other new Subaru's, and none of them smell like this one does. The smell is not getting any better or fading. It makes me lightheaded, gives me headaches, sore throats, blurry vision, post nasal drip, and if in it long enough, nausea. My husband also has these issues and will not ride in the car.

- Petersburg, KY, USA

May 132016

Crosstrek

The duration of time that it takes to go from reverse to drive is unacceptable and dangerous. Every morning I drive my child to daycare and there have been numerous occasions where I feared that we would get rear-ended (which would injure my child) due to the slow response time going from reverse to drive. Every morning I have to be 100% sure to time my reversal when backing out and make sure there are no cars anywhere near me so I don't get crashed into. This is dangerous and needs to be fixed before there are any deaths or injuries from this. Also, this is a minor inconvenience but the moonroof/sunroof doesn't open 100% all the way when I click the auto open button/feature...it opens and then stops about 1 inch before being fully open. In other words, if you press the auto open button to open the moonroof, it will stop at 90-95% open then you have to manually press it again to get it fully open another inch to 100%. when I took my Crosstrek to the dealer to have them reprogram my telematics for the telematics/computer reprogramming recall I had them take a look at the moonroof and they said that it is "working as designed". why would a moonroof not fully open 100% by design? it can't be a safety issue, so this just doesn't make any sense and leads me to believe that the dealership was being complacent and lazy and didn't feel like having to adjust it or simply didn't know how.

- Glen Allen, VA, USA