1. replaced transmission (1 reports)
2001 Subaru Forester transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Subaru Forester:

2001 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Aug 012004

Forester 2.5L

I had my car, which I bought used, for a year and a half when the transmission went,as well as the power steering. It would still drive but I had to do some funky stuff to get it to work properly. When I contacted Subaru and the original dealership I got it from, I got no help. Eventually with a lot of letters and phone calls I was offered $750.00 off a new Subaru. I told them I rather have a tee shirt- really. I needed my car for work though- So I took out another loan to fix the car and drove it for another 25,000 miles and now the engine (head gasket +) has blown. I promised Subaru back then that I would never buy another car from them again- It seemed to cost me money every 3-4 months since I got it (It originally had 72,000 miles on it) and I think that it ought to have been more reliable then that!

- , Rumford, ME, USA