2010 Subaru Forester seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Subaru Forester:

2010 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Jul 012016

Forester

Takata recall. Was informed in July not to use passenger seat. The dealership still won't schedule recall, and has been telling me I am number 50 on thier list for two months. Meanwhile, all the Toyota owners are getting their cars fixed. Somebody needs to light a fire under these people.

- Canoga Park, CA, USA

Jul 112016

Forester

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Subaru Forester. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V358000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Savannah, GA, USA

Jun 012016

Forester

The manufacturer has not given a rememdy for this recall yet but apparently they tell me that no one can ride in my passengers seat until its fixed. Its been about 4 months since I received a letter from Subaru regarding the recall. Thats too long to not be able to have a passenger in my vehicle. I have an elderly relative that I have to chaffeur around in the back seat due to this lack or rememdy or repair.

- Wilmington, NC, USA

Jun 102016

Forester

Takata recall my 2010 Subaru Forester was recalled June 10, 2016. It is now Oct 25, 2016 and absolutely nothing has been done so far. My local dealer told me that they still do not have any replacement airbags. Subaru of America is not replacing the defective takata airbags in a reasonable manner and you need to find out when they plan on doing something.

- Kihei, HI, USA

Sep 022016

Forester

Takata recall. I received a letter from my Subaru dealer about the passenger front airbag recall. The letter instructed me to call the dealer as well as not allowing a front seat passenger. I called and was told that replacement parts are not available so they wouldn't make an appointment with me to have the airbag checked without having the replacement part. The service person did not know when the replacement part/recall resolution will happen. I am complaining because of the issue of not using my passenger front seat without a time limit on the resolution of this problem.

- Fort Mill, SC, USA

Jul 152016

Forester

Takata recall: Letter received early July indicating a recall for the front passenger seat. Letter stated that owner should not use front seat. Its a month and a half now with no relief in sight. When will I be able to use my vehicle??

- Grass Valley, CA, USA

Aug 012016

Forester

We have received the mandatory recall letter of July 2016. The open-ended statement: "we will notify you when replacement parts are available" is insufficient. Why" because we already have a recall notice for our 2013 leaf which is already three months old and thus far nothing has been done with that. I am angry because now the "family" car cannot be used as a family car! so the question is when?? will parts be available next year? 5 years from now?? when??"

- Aptos, CA, USA

Feb 282013

Forester 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Subaru Forester. The contact stated that while driving 50 mph, he lost consciousness and the vehicle traveled into an embankment, crashing into a tree. Upon impact, the air bags deployed in shards, failing to protect the driver. The driver sustained a concussion, seizures and bruising. The vehicle was towed to a salvage yard. A police report was filed of the incident. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was destroyed. The failure and current mileage was 42,000. Updated 3/13/13 05/09/2013

- Canton, NC, USA