2011 Subaru Forester miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Subaru Forester:

2011 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Jun 152015

While driving down the road, the sun visor on the passenger side fell on its own, obstructing my view. When I pushed it back up it promptly fell back down - it would not stay in any other position but hanging straight down. I had to pull over and get a screw driver to remove the visor to keep it from obstructing my view. Now my driver side visor is starting to not stay completely up against the ceiling. This is a safety issue in two ways, one because it does not stay up and obstructs my view, and two it can not be used as a sun visor (as intended) to keep the sun from blinding me. My vehicle is only four-years old; I did contact the dealer and they told me there was no recall, and it is not covered as a safety issue. Since both of my visors appear to be bad, I believe there is a design flaw and a lot of vehicles will start having this problem.

- Pleasantville, NJ, USA

Nov 242012

Driveway across from two way streets, church and main sts. Cars parked on either side of driveway, making exiting difficult and precausions must be taken. Updated 5/1/15

- Mattapoisett, MA, USA

Nov 042013

My husband purchased a new Subaru Forester in may of 2011 for me with an extended warranty for 7 years. It was a big investment for us and I had hoped to drive my new Subaru Forester 2011 for several years down the road. Shortly after purchasing it, I noticed the brakes to be defective and would not stop the vehicle in a timely fashion or quickly enough. I told my husband all the time, who also happens to drive my car, also complained about its brakes. I had my vehicle regularly serviced as per the companies warranty requirements and at only authorized Subaru service & dealership centers. I recently told the service dept at my 30,000 mile servicing about the brakes issues I had again, to their attention but they said that- 'that was the way the Forester's brakes were and that I had to push the pedal hard to the floor(pump the brakes) to stop it quickly enough" and my brakes were fine according 30,000 mile servicing, and I was disappointed with their response I was driving on a local road 25 mph when another vehicle suddenly appeared in front of me to stop to make a left turn. I pushed the brakes but my vehicle just would not stop quickly enough. I was involved in a accident hitting the car in front of me. To discover that my front bumper now had a huge crack in it. I do not feel safe driving a vehicle whose brakes are so bad that it will not stop the vehicle quickly enough and needs to be pumped to stop it sooner(which may not be possible in many circumstances such as the one above),.after the car came out from the body shop I had a recent occurence but this time it was a rainy day I started to slow down pressing the brake to turn to my road which I had the same issue, instead of stopping or slowing down the brakes are accelerating. Please investigate the brakes at the very least to prevent future accidents. I am determined to trade in my vehicle for safe car.

- East Stroudsburg, PA, USA