2012 Subaru Forester seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Subaru Forester:

2012 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Jan 032015

Forester

Me and my 12 year old daughter were driving 20mph down a small hill, a lady pulled out in front of us, I hit the brakes, which locked up and we slid so I let off them immediately, the roads were icy and snowy, so we gained a lot of velocity, we missed hitting her but went sideways, a little airborn and hit a telephone pole.I violently struck my head off the drivers side window, and my shoulder and arm were pinched between my body and the door.the tires popped, the front bumper clips broke.we both suffered seat belt bruises, and my daughter slammed her knee.I hurt my shoulder pretty bad and my head still hurts they are doing cat scans.my air bag on my drivers side door, where it struck the pole never deployed.I just thank god it did not hit on her side.but we were defiantly going fast enough to deploy that side curtain air bag it bent the door and the rocker sill the thought of it not going off is very scary and a big malfunction, I've been having enough problems with the brakes, seatbelts, car not running properly, and a bunch of other issues I really did not need this and I really feel that this is a huge safety problem that can kill someone and we were very lucky, when I contacted Subaru I got the usual run around.not a happy customer.needs someone to intervene like you.

- Easton, ME, USA