2014 Subaru Forester suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Subaru Forester:

2014 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Aug 212015

Driving at about 60 mph and car starting vibrating violently for a few seconds. Continued driving and 10 minutes later same thing for same length of time happened again.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Sep 142014

Forester 4-cyl

There is metal clicking noise from driver side rear end when running on bumpy or rough roads. Driver side rear door felt as if it is not closed properly when this happened. Rear end bottomed out when this happened. Car feels unstable. This is a consistent problem and it is getting worse and worse.

- Sterling Heights , MI, USA

Jul 252013

Forester 4-cyl

When I purchased my new vehicle last July, I noticed driving it home there was a "clunk" sound coming from the front end when I went over railroad tracks or any bump. I took it back to Subaru and they found a bent and twisted part on the right front suspension. I now have 19K on my car a year later. I noticed my right rear tire bald only on the out side. All other tire tread is perfect. So I take it back to Subaru and they had it aligned and said the right wheel had been tipped out! I drive my car very easy! I have never hit anything that would cause this malfunction. The tire co. Will not replace my worn tire and I am feeling a bit slighted on this as I feel it was likely a problem from the car hauler or something. Perhaps too aggressively cinching the car on the trailer...or something! both incidents were on the right side of the car. I feel that I should have at the least a new set of tires! this has been no fault of mine in any way!

- Dixie, WA, USA

Oct 142013

The contact owns a 2014 Subaru Forester. The contact stated that while driving approximately 55 mph, the rear of the vehicle swayed abnormally. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the lower control arm needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 18,000.

- Cass City, MI, USA

Dec 232013

Subaru corporate recently purchased my 2014 Forester back under the lemon law. This was after I had 4 documented incidents of the vehicle veering sporadically out of control around 55 mph. It was inconsistent but the mechanic was able to determine that something was pulling it out of alignment/after this happened it was always out of spec. It was quite dramatic. As in the entire back-end would start to pull out of control. This often happened within icier conditions. While Subaru corporate was responsive in getting me a new Subaru, I do not feel they at all acknowledged or took my complaint serious. They kept referencing my inconvenience with an alignment issue. If it was as simple as an alignment issue, they could have fixed it the first time. My concern is that others are having this same issue but since it is difficult to replicate and extremely inconsistent, it'd be easy to not acknowledge the seriousness of this issue. Since mentioning my frustration to random acquaintances, two individuals have contacted me for additional information because they are having a comparable problem with their Forester and/or cross trek. I sent a lengthy description about my safety concerns to Subaru corporate which they ignored. Perhaps that is an appropriate response but I want to make sure that somebody is looking into this/making sure it is not a more serious issue.

- Iron River, WI, USA